Tuesday, February 6, 2018

FFG Worlds 2018

Last time I went to any kind of Worlds was... back in 1996!

FFG just put up info about May track Worlds 2018.

Very tempting. I have my reserved seat from winning Nordic nationals in October 2017, so that's no problem. It is more a question of time - and cost. Wifey is working part time and studying, so there is less income and more expenses than usual. Gah!

I haven't been to the US since 1996. That's a very long time. 22 years if my math skills haven't failed me. It was another Worlds actually. The first Star Wars CCG (placed 2nd - I think the diff was 3 Force or something, so close, but no cigar). Won our nationals, and Decipher paid for the whole thing - plane tickets, a nice resort hotel up in Vail, the whole package. You hear that FFG? :D

I gotta say it sounds a bit unrealistic. I'd like to go, but I'm not sure I can prioritize it this year. I suppose I could just win nationals again and attend next year, plus take home the Euros trophy in June. Gotta have some stretch goals!

Why did they have make you a whiny kid!?


No comments:

Post a Comment