Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Local tourney 11 Feb 2018

The ultimate power in the galaxy? Maybe not... but very fun!

We're having a small local tourney on Sunday. It's very casual. Just an excuse for some guys to get together and play 3 games in one day. If we get just 4 people that's OK - we still get the magic 3 games each. Six is better, but a lot of the regulars have indicated they can't make it, so I'm not counting on it. Our record is 9 players IIRC. So a pretty small community (but we do have one!).

For prizes I have a pack of Rogues & Villains for the winner. It (actually several packs) has been collecting dust for ages. I was going to make a YT swarm way back, but I could never shake my Imp addiction, so I didn't even get around to opening the packs. Everyone will also receive a couple of alt arts. I have a box of leftover stash from past tourneys, so there is always something to hand out.

I'm the TO. I only play if that gives us an even number. Don't get me wrong. I'd REALLY like to play. But I'm trying to make sure the community as a whole has fun. That doesn't involve me stomping on everybody at every opportunity.

Which brings me to the list I've prepared in case I do get to play:

I go for only 4 activations and no bid, which should hand the initiative to my opponent. That's kind of the point - to NOT overwhelm my opponents with high bid and activation advantage.

The pimped Vic-2 is a decent gunship, but not exactly hyper-mobile. With Tua, Motti and the Dictor pushing shields it should be pretty durable. But firepower is pretty meh; 3 red and 4 blue (with QBT) just doesn't do much damage.

The Dictor is a cool ship, but not one I normally would call competitive. The MS-1 is just bc I had 2 pts left, and I wanna see if with the DCaps it can be even remotely useful. Probably not. Anyway it's there for shield projection and targeting scrambler.

Arquitens is an OK ship, but doesn't deliver a lot of firepower in this configuration. Kind of hoping 6 hull with Motti will be enough to make Blast Doors matter. It's the rarely seen Command model, mostly just because. It might do some squad commands, but I'm not really counting on that. I put Hand of Justice on it. Could be useful in refreshing Motti's ECM brace.

Gozanti can send some key tokens early, then switch to squad command/flak mode.

I have some squads too, not enough to win the squadron fight, but sufficient to delay my opponent’s squads. I found room for a Lambda, so I opted for Salvage Run. Also makes commanding the squads easier. Between Strom and the 2 TIEs I have a little bit of firepower (too bad my ships have bad flak, otherwise it could be an OK mini-screen).

I'm no Vader, but I do have two braces!

It's not a bad list. It has some staying power, it has decent objectives for 2nd player, and it has pieces that work together in concert according to a Great Plan. That said it is hopelessly slow, and I would not expect it to win big against anything. It's a list that can, at best, hope to win by a smallish margin.

Faction: Galactic Empire
Points: 400/400  
Commander: Admiral Motti
Assault Objective: Station Assault
Defense Objective: Contested Outpost
Navigation Objective: Salvage Run
[ flagship ] Victory II-Class Star Destroyer (85 points)
-  Admiral Motti  ( 24  points)
-  Minister Tua  ( 2  points)
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  Electronic Countermeasures  ( 7  points)
-  Quad Battery Turrets  ( 5  points)
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points)
137 total ship cost
Interdictor-class Suppression Refit (90 points)
-  Interdictor  ( 3  points)
-  Wulff Yularen  ( 7  points)
-  Projection Experts  ( 6  points)
-  Disposable Capacitors  ( 3  points)
-  MS-1 Ion Cannons  ( 2  points)
-  Grav Shift Reroute  ( 2  points)
-  Targeting Scrambler  ( 5  points)
118 total ship cost
Arquitens-class Command Cruiser (59 points)
-  Hand of Justice  ( 4  points)
-  Skilled First Officer  ( 1  points)
-  Reinforced Blast Doors  ( 5  points)
-  Dual Turbolaser Turrets  ( 5  points)
74 total ship cost
Gozanti-class Cruisers (23 points)
-  Comms Net  ( 2  points)
25 total ship cost
1 Lambda-class Shuttle ( 15 points) 
1 Zertik Strom ( 15 points)
2 TIE Fighter Squadrons ( 16 points) 
Card view link
Fleet created with Armada Warlords

No comments:

Post a Comment